Sunday, July 17, 2011

Guest Blogger: Stacy!

Hi everyone! Today, we have a guest blogger! Stacy, from www.sweetsgalore.blogspot.com! Check out her blog! She's going to show you a couple of her poems, and you can check out her contests at her blog!
A couple announcements ahead of time: I got my photography page up on: www.comeallcomewrite.blogspot.com. Also, check out Sleigh Photography! thanks!
Ok, here's Stacy...

I write because it helps me see my imagination in words. I write because it helps me deal with reality. I write because I have a strange attraction to words, wanting to look at every nook and cranny. I write because I can’t keep all these thoughts to myself. And I write because, I don’t want to forget.
           
I show my writing through my blog. I show it through novels. I also show it through short stories, and poems. But most of all, I show it through technology. What would the world be like without technology? Old fashioned, and boring, but it will bring out a chance to improve our letter writing skills. Now here is a random poem or two that I wrote a while ago.


~Friends~
            Friends are the stars in your life

The grass in your world
They’re the color in rainbows, and movies
The jewel to your jewelry
And the sun to your planet
Without them…
Life will be dark
Your grass would wither and have weeds all over the yard
Your rainbow would just be monotonous
Your movie is just going to be black and white, and boring
Your jewel will just be coal
And without friends, they won’t give your life the energythat it needs to grow

 
Venus
Sure, it’s a planet
And a goddess
But to me
She’s my pet dog
Hyper one time
Tired the next
Having creamy honeyyellow fur
Mixed in with whiteand black
With mismatched spotson the front
To me
She’s my Venus.

Thanks for guest blogging, Stacy! Please email Bree and I at breeandshelby@gmail.com if you want to guest blog or enter the contest!
Thanks! A new contest will be announced by Bree tomorrow!
Shelby
www.comeallcomewrite.blogspot.com

1 comment:

SomeoneLikeYou said...

Very well and truly said! The poem she wrote was just beautiful ❤