Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Book Review: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult

It is really good and was made into a movie!
The movie was excellent as well, although it has a different ending. I would recommend it to anyone 12+ just because of this plot:
My Sister's Keeper is the story of a girl who sues her parents for a right to make her own medical decisions. Anna was conceived after her older sister was diagnosed with leukemia. She is a perfect match for her sister, and spends her life in the hospital donating blood, marrow and whatever else her sister needs to live. As a teenager, she sues so that she will not have to give her sister a kidney. My Sister's Keeper covers the life of this family during the trial. Each chapter is told from a different character's viewpoint. It is one of Picoult's best books.
It doesnt mention this but the sister that has cancer actually doesnt want Anna's kidney, so I thought you should know thats part of the reason of why shes not having her kidney removed for her sister. its an amazing book and I agree with the last sentence. it is most definitely one  of her best novels.

I really recommend this novel! A movie review coming to you Thursday!
If you would like me to review a book, please email it to me with the subject: Book Review.
If you would like me to review a movie, please email it to me with the subject: Movie Review.
breeandshelby@gmail.com
Thanks! <3, Shelby

No comments: